Permalinks plays a key role in ranking of a blog. They are not so important like keyword research but it has some own work to do. Because bad permalinks can easily change the position of your blog in search engines. Every Permalink here at Pro Blogger How are optimized. It is not so difficult like keyword research. All you need is some Seo knowledge. In wordpress, Plugins help bloggers to get rid of bad permalinks and it has customized permalink structure. But in Blogger, You don’t have the option to edit permalink structure, But you can edit permalinks.
How to optimize permalinks in blogger
1. Go to blogger.com
2. Write a new post, Write like everyday you write.
3. On the right side of the post, you can see permalinks tab
4. Click on it And select Custom Permalink
5. Remove stop words like to, How etc. Here is a great list of stop words, remove all of them.
How to optimize permalinks of an already published article
1. For published articles, you cannot edit permalinks. Because the link which you chanve can become a broken link.
2. To edit those, select the post and click on revert to draft
3. Click on permalinks and click on custom permalink. Edit the permalink and publish it again
4. And don’t forgot to redirect the old url to new one.
Extra optimization of permalinks
While writing a custom pernalink, you must not use spaces between the words in URL. Instead, usd hipens (-) between two words and it gives extra optimization.
Why optimizing Permalinks
1. Optimization of Permalinks is a must do task in On-page Seo and it helps you in ranking higher.
2. Permalink optimization helps you in good navigation and it gives the visitor a good impression. Yes, There are some people, who even read the permalinks like me.
With this simple tutorial, you can easily optimize permalinks in blogger/blogspot blog and it helps you in getting more traffic amd more earnings. For some more tips and tricks, Subscribe for our blog and get latest updates.