How to optimize Title tags In Blogger For Search Engines

Saturday, 28 May 2016

How to optimize Title tags In Blogger For Search Engines

Posted by Samba Siva


Title tags plays an important role in ranking and improving search engine CTR ( Click through Rate ). Writing an optimized title tag is really a must for every blogger, Including me.

If you observe some high authority blobs like Shoutmeloud, NeilPatel, You can see that " They optimize their title tags for both people and search engines.

They place the focus keyword in the title and add some attractive words to improve CTR's in search engines.

But, With Blogger platform ( By default ), it is almost impossible to write search engine friendly titles. Let's see, Why it is hard to write search engine friendly title in blogger and then we will see "How to optimize title tags in Blogger



Why optimize title tags in Blogger


Make titles seo friendly in Blogger


We all know that blogspot is less seo friendly when compared to the world's leading blogging platform WordPress. WordPress has more seo tweaks and it has plugins which help in doing more seo optimization of a blog post. But blogger don't have those plugins. So we must do all tasks manually.

At the same time, titles plays a great role in blogging. For example, we written two blog post title for proving titles role in search engine optimization and getting more clicks

1. Blogger how to guide : Seo optimize titles

2. How to seo optimize blogger post titles.

So you can see that the second one is very good and it is engaging for the visitor to click on it.

In the 100 percent, title 1 can get 30% visitors only whereas the second one get remaining 70% of visitors. So the second one can get more traffic. More traffic means more money

 Hey hold on ! , Do you know how to make money from a blog. Use Adsense or read this guide to get adsense approval. So let's see how to seo optimize titles in blogspot blog.

Suggest read :

How to write seo optimized content in blogger and WordPress


How to optimize title tags in Blogger 



1. Go to blogger.com

2. Then go to template


3. For safety, we recommend backing up your blog template. Because if anything goes wrong, we can easily restore it. This guide won't do any harm for your blog. But I believe in safety first.

4. Then find this piece of html code


 <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>

5. Then replace the above code with the below one.

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType =="item"'>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title><b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> </b:if>


so what happened:



Before adding the second code, your blog title displayed first and then your post title is displayed.



Like this:

Blog name-Post title

This gives very bad experience for your visitors. So using the second code, our blog title goes last and our blog post title is displayed first.

Like this:


Post name-Blog name

 So in this way, we can easily optimize our blog for search engines.

conclusion



In this way, we can optimize titles in blogger blogs. This is the good way to get some good serp ranking. This is one of the technique in on page seo optimization. So better start using it.